READY OR NOT, THE NEW YEAR IS COMING!
Next Monday, January, 1, 2018, we celebrate the incoming New Year and all of its possibilities.
Have you done any reflections over the past year? What lessons have you learned?
We love the New Year because it offers a clean slate or fresh start for many of us. Many people make resolutions during this time. A resolution is a tradition where you make certain promises to change undesired behaviors or habits.
However, did you know that only 8% of people actually keep these resolutions throughout the year?
Don’t get discouraged Adiva Naturals Family; we love New Year’s resolutions and want to give you some tips on how to stick to your goals!
- DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED – It generally takes 21 days to make or break a habit. So, if you stumble, get back up and recommit to your goals. Don’t quit!
- DO START SMALL – Many people give up on their resolutions because they’re setting too many! Start small and work your way up.
- DO NOT DO IT ALONE – Accountability and sharing experiences with family and friends is a great way to stay on track. It takes a village!
- DO USE YOUR SMARTPHONE – Technology has blessed us with many, many apps that help us with meditation, exercise, productivity and reminders. Let’s use what we have right in the palm of our hands!
- DO GET DETAILED – Many people quit their resolutions because they are vague with their goals. Write down the nitty gritty details of what you want to accomplish. Vision boards help a ton!
- DO CELEBRATE YOUR WINS – Small or big, progress is progress. Relish in all your forward movement!
- DO HAVE SOMETHING TO LOSE – Make it fun! Make a bet with family, friends or colleagues to help push you towards your goals. Competition is healthy!
- DO SURROUND YOURSELF WITH LIKEMINDED INDIVIDUALS – You need to be around uplifting, positive people that are committed to change and inspire you to do/be better.
- DO HAVE PATIENCE – If you’re trying to lose weight or see changes in your skin for example, you have to be patient and allow time to do its job. Just keep putting the work in!
Have fun with it and be intentional this New Year!
You can do anything you put your mind to.
Have a safe and succulent 2018 Adiva Naturals Family!