Happy Thanks Giving! Jerk Turkey Recipe, Trivia and Black Friday Deals
On Thanksgiving in the United States over 46 million turkeys are consumed.
This week take time to consider ways you can give thanks and more importantly how to give back before the turkey is put in the oven, before running back to the store for the unforgettable cranberry sauce, prior to all the entertainment and plans for holiday shopping.
Giving thanks should be our focus not just near the holidays. Each other's warm welcomes, actionable kindness and sincere gratitude is needed throughout the year. The best way to give back is by helping other people without looking for anything in return, it is truly the only way to help. The “gratitude muscle” is like any other muscle, in that it must be flexed periodically to remain strong.
For many families Thanksgiving is the best opportunity you can get to thank the best people in your life. Consider ways to incorporate gratitude in your Thanksgiving plans:
The Gratitude Tree is fun and creative way to cultivate your gratitude and results in a pretty reminder of the things that bring you or your family joy.
You will need several double-sided colored sheets of paper, string or ribbon, scissors, twigs or tree branches, some stones or marbles, a vase, and a sense of gratitude.
Step 1: Make one or more leaf cutouts to use as a template for your leaves. You can use this PDF for templates, find another you like, or even create your own design. Trace your leaves on your colored paper using your template(s).
Step 2: Cut out the leaves, punch a hole at the top of each leaf, and loop your string or ribbon through each hole.
Step 3: Put the stones or marbles in a vase and stick the tree branch or twig in the middle.
Step 4: Have your family and friends draw or write things that you are grateful for on the leaves. You can also use photographs/magazines if you’d like.
Step 5: Hang the leaves from the branches, and behold your gratitude tree!
Favorite Jerk Turkey Recipe
INGREDIENTS✔ 12lb – 16lb turkey
✔ 2 cups mild wet walkers wood jerk seasoning or jerk marinade
✔ 4 tsp jerk powdered jerk seasoning
✔ 4 sprigs of thyme leaf
✔ Turkey bag
- Clean the turkey and pat it dry, removing innards and accessories.
- Apply jerk marinade and seasoning liberally all over and under your turkey as well as in the cavities. Cover with aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator.
- 3 hours before cooking time, remove the turkey from fridge and add thyme leaf inside the cavities. Replace cover and leave on top of kitchen counter to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to /500F.
- Grease roasting pan with oil. Tuck the wing tips under the turkey and truss the legs together. Tying the legs together is essential for even roasting.
- Place the turkey in bag bottom-side-down in the center of the roasting pan. Place in the center of the oven and cook 30 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350
- After an hour, turn the turkey over to ensure even browning.
- Bake for 2 – 2.5 hours then remove for at least 30 minutes. Do not poke or prod the turkey while it is resting.
- Serve, carve and enjoy!
NOTE: For best results marinate at least three days but up to 1 week before roasting
Thanksgiving Fun Trivia
1. The first Thanksgiving was ___ days long?
2. True or False? Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the U.S.A. National Bird.
3. What ___% of Americans eat turkey for Thanksgiving!
4. The best place to put the meat thermometer in the turkey is:
5. True or False? Only male turkeys gobble?
Trivia Answers below.
Adiva Naturals is thankful for You!
Valued customer and friend: In this time of gratitude, Adiva Naturals give thanks for you. We value your patronage and appreciate your confidence in us. From our families to yours, we wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Save The Date: Adiva Naturals 2017 Black Friday and Small Business Saturday #Shopsmall Site Wide Sale begins Thanksgiving Day with 25% off our entire collection, plus Free U.S. shipping on orders over $75. This offer cannot be combined with everyday discounted products, sets or another promotion; sale ends Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Celebrate your community with the small businesses that make it special.
Looking for Exclusive Deals
Be in the know: Join our mailing list to receive news, updates and exclusive offers and first dibs on limited time offers. Scroll below to access form.
Leave us a comment below:
Tell us - How do you incorporate gratitude or giving back into your Thanksgiving / Holiday plans?
Trivia Answers: 1. C; 2. T; 3. B; 4. A; 5. T