African Raw Premium Black Soap also called African soap or black soap is great for eczema, psoriasis, acne, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, and everything in between. African black soap is packed with essential nutrients designed to enhance your skin’s natural complexion and help you glow from the inside out. This product unlike the synthetic soaps you find at the drugstore is authentic handmade from plant-based ingredients in Africa.
Gentle enough to use on your: Face and Body
Safe for all skin types
African black soap benefits:
- Anti-bacterial - excellent alternative to chemical-laden cleansers
Oily or combination skin - balance your skin’s natural oil production without stripping necessary oils or adding excess oil to your skin
- Anti-Inflammation - may be helpful for people who have inflammatory conditions like rosacea
- Helps fight acne
- Skin Irritation - soothe itchiness and irritation caused by: eczema or skin allergies
- Exfoliant - raw ingredients that make up this black soap makes it a natural exfoliant, which may help improve skin texture
- Reduce hyperpigmentation - acne scarring and sun damage — two things that African black soap may help soothe or prevent.
- Antifungal - product effective for seven types of fungus — this includes the common Candida albicans yeast. You can safely use African black soap to help treat conditions like toenail fungus and athlete’s foot.
How to use African black soap
Although the natural texture is ideal for removing dead skin during exfoliation, you’ll want to smooth it out before using it as a regular cleanser.
- Pull a small chunk of soap off of the bar and rub it in between your hands.
- As a liquid cleanser, you can dissolve your piece of soap in water before use.
- You can apply the bar directly to your skin if you’re looking for exfoliation, but be gentle! The rough texture is already an exfoliant in itself, so you don’t have to scrub.
- You may also consider rubbing the bar on a soft washcloth first for gentle cleansing or use on rashes.
With whatever method you choose, make sure that you thoroughly rinse the soap off with lukewarm water after use.
Afterward, apply your favorite moisturizer to your damp skin. This will help lock in the soap’s natural hydrating effects.
Potential side effects and risks:
If you’re new to raw black soap, consider using it once every couple of days to start. You can gradually increase your use as your skin gets used to the soap.
It’s possible to be allergic to any soap. If your skin becomes irritated or you develop a rash, discontinue use.
Natural black soap is also rough, so it can irritate or even break your skin if you’re not careful. Stinging and burning are also possible.
The best way to prevent skin breakage is to smooth out the soap and combine it with water or use it with a washcloth.
How it's made:
Real, traditional African black soap is handmade. Once the ingredients are combined, the soap is heated and left to cure for several days before use.
Ingredients: Roasted Cocoa Pods, Plantain Skin, Ash, Palm Oil, Water.
If you begin experiencing any unusual rashes or irritation, discontinue use and see your doctor or dermatologist.
*Free U.S. Priority Shipping is valid on all orders over $75.00, excluding tax and shipping charges. Orders are shipped in 1 to 2 business days (Monday-Saturday) after the date of your order via USPS. (Express shipping is available by phone). We ship Internationally